[Recipe] Stir-fry Beancurd with Mixed Mushrooms🍄
An easy and hearty dish for your dinner! Give this a recipe a try and let me know how it goes 😊
- 4 slices ginger
- 4-5 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in 1 cup water for at least 2 hours to rehydrate, then sliced thinly (save the water!) *I used more because my mushrooms are small
- 5 pieces fresh beancurd skin
- 200g shimeiji mushrooms (I used brown and white)
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- Cornstarch solution: 1/2 tbsp corn starch + 4 tbsp water
- more water if needed
- salt to taste
1 tbsp of vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tsp of sugar
1/2 tsp of white pepper
1. Mix all the seasoning in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Prepare the cornstarch slurry. Set aside.
3. In a non-stick pan, pan fry the beancurd skin with 1 tbsp of oil until both sides are golden browned. Shred into smaller pieces. Set aside.
4. In a deep frying pan, add vegetable oil and saute ginger until fragrant over high heat.
5. Add shiitake mushrooms - carrot - shimeiji mushrooms (in this sequence) and saute until fragrant and lightly browned.
6. Add the sauce and mix evenly. Then, add the mushroom water (more water if needed), until just enough to cover the ingredients. Bring to simmering for 1 minute.
7. Add cornstarch slurry to thicken up the sauce. Add gradually until the gravy reaches your desired consistency. Don't add all at once.
8. Lastly, taste and season with salt to taste. Turn off the heat and serve.
This peppery and savoury dish is so satisfying and delicious. Save this to make it next time!