Vegan Pan Mee 🍜 素清汤板面
I created a pan mee recipe long time ago but this version is soooo much better! Especially the braised pork with wood ear mushrooms 🤤 NOT in the video but if you're looking for eggless pan mee noodles recipe, check out my website (comment and I'll DM you the link). In this video, I'll show you the other important elements: broth, chili sauce and braised mushrooms recipes.
I hope you'll enjoy this recipe! 💕
Braised minced pork with wood ears 朱肉碎焖木耳
150g vegan minces
1/4 tsp salt
A dash of white pepper
1/4 tsp sesame oil
A handful of dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked & thinly sliced (reserve 1 cup soaking water)
2-3 pcs of dried wood ear mushroom, soaked & thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1/4 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
A few dashes of white pepper
A drizzle of sesame oil
1. Marinate the vegan minces with salt, pepper and sesame oil for 10 mins or so.
2. Saute the garlic in vegetable oil until fragrant. Add shiitake mushrooms and saute until fragrant as well.
3. Add vegan minces and cook for 1 min or so. Break down the minced meat with your turner.
4. Add seasoning (except for salt, white pepper and sesame oil) and mix evenly.
5. Add reserved mushrooms water. Add more water if needed to cover the ingredients.
6. Simmer everything for 5-6 minutes or so over low heat until the sauce has thickened up.
7. Taste and season with salt.
8. Turn off the and add sesame oil and white pepper.
9. Set aside until ready to serve. Or keep it in an airtight container and keep refrigerates. It should last for 2-3 days. Consume asap.
I also added fried thinly sliced tempeh to replace fried anchovies and fried caramelized shallot (cook chopped shallots in oil over low heat until browned evenly).
Recipe Video: https://www.facebook.com/100063501583683/videos/pcb.462209325905783/723075298904868