[Recipe] Doenjang Jjigae 🍲 (Korean Soybean Stew)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 spring onion, chopped (separate green n white)
- 2 tsp Korean chili flakes (gochugaru)
- 1/2 zucchini, bite-sized
- 1 small potato, bite-sized
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 king oyster mushrooms, bite-sized
- 5-6 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green chilies, sliced
- 1 to 2 cups vegetable stock (I mix water with mushroom seasoning powder)
- 2 tbsp doenjang
- 1/2 box soft tofu, sliced
- a drizzle of sesame oil
- sesame seeds for garnish
1. Saute garlic, white part of spring onion and chili flakes with vegetable oil over low heat until fragrant to make chili oil.
2. Add zucchini, potato and king oyster mushrooms and stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Add enough vegetable stock to cover all the ingredients and shiitake mushrooms. Bring it to a boil.
4. Add green chilies and doenjang. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add tofu and cook for another 3 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat. Drizzle sesame oil over the stew. Garnish with sesame seeds and the green part of spring onion. Enjoy!
One of my favorite to-go stew! Give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes 😊 💕
Looking for more vegan Korean recipes? 📚
Grab this eBook: https://gangoodlife.gumroad.com/l/koreancookingmadevegan2