Vegan Kimchi Risotto
Continuing my sudden obsession with cooked risotto, I decided a kimchi version would be fantastic. It was! Sharing my recipe here with you, feel free to share it with everyone. Do tag me if you make it, I’d love to see your delicious kimchi risotto. Mmmmmm! I was trying to make it oil free too so I just used water instead of oil.
50 gm filtered water
2 pinches of saffron
320g Arborio rice
60g white wine
1 tablespoon organic taucu
1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
Homemade kimchi (I used Kkakdugi - recipe is in my book Raw Vegan Delights: Asian Edition)
Nori sheet - cut into tiny strips
White sesame seeds
Gochugaru (Korean red chilli flakes)
1. Add 50gm water and rice and saute 3 min/120°C/reverse/speed 1 without measuring cup.
2. Add white wine and cook 1 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1 without measuring cup.
3. Add water, taucu, salt, and scrape bottom of mixing bowl with spatula to loosen rice. Cook 12 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1 without measuring cup.
4. Allow risotto to rest for 1 minute.
5. Stir in kimchi into risotto.
6. Top with nori strips, sesame seeds, gochugaru and wasabi.