OIL-FREE TEMPEH CURRY (high raw) by #RawChefYin.
Mr Jazz Guitarist loves curry, so I made this for him. This one is oil-free as we ate out during lunch and I didn’t feel too good after eating out at the nasi kandar stall. Might be due to the oil and also overcooking. While tempeh is technically not raw as the beans were cooked in the tempeh making process, the rest of the ingredients are raw. I didn’t want to use any heat on it so I used raw food techniques to prepare it, including blending and dehydration.
2 stalks of lemongrass, thinly sliced
3 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
1 cup freshly squeezed coconut milk (santan)
20 curry leaves
5 red chillies
1 clove garlic
5 macadamia nuts
1-inch ginger root
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon Masarang Arenga Forest Sugar from @straitswholefoods
½ teaspoon organic salt from @matahariorganic
200 gm organic black bean tempeh from @angiesveganpantry
1. Cut tempeh into strips. I usually cut it into 1-inch pieces, ¼ inch thick.
2. Place ingredients A into a blender and blend till smooth. Strain mixture. Pour back into blender.
3. Add ingredients B into blender as well and blend till smooth. This is your curry mixture.
3. Add tempeh slices into a bowl, pour curry mixture over and mix till well coated.
4. OPTIONAL: If you prefer it warm, place bowl of tempeh in a food dehydrator at 45 degrees Celsius for 1 hour.
We ate it just as is without dehydrating and it tasted really good!