- 1 dried ancho chilies, toasted,seeded,chopped in small pieces or 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and chopped but they are not as good
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tso dried oregano
- Place ancho chili in a small bowl and pour the boiling water over it (if using fresh jalapeno omit this step) Drain the chili& place chili in a blender with 1 1/2 tbsp of the soaking water, discard the rest of the soaking water, and process until very smooth, cool completely (with the jalapeno just process until smooth) Beat butter until fluffy.
- Beat in the garlic& oregano.
- Graduallybeat in the chili to blend throughly.
- Mold into a small bowl, cover& refrigerate to firm.