- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Sift flour, bicarb soda and sugar together in a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl combine the egg, milk and vinegar.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and whisk well until smooth. Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Heat a pan over moderate heat, melt a small amount of butter in it.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the batter into the pan and cook until bubbles appear on the top. Flip piklets and fry on other side until golden.
- Continue with the rest of the batter. Serve hot or cold.