- 1 head garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small sourdough baguette (14 inches, cut in 1/2 inch thick slices)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, cut in 6 rounds
- 6 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
- Trim tip off garlic head to expose cloves; place head on piece of foil.
- Drizzle oil over top; wrap in foil.
- Bake in 400°F oven until cloves are softened and caramelized, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, toast baguette slices on baking sheet in 400°F oven until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Spread pine nuts on small baking sheet; toast alongside baguette slices until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, arrange baguette slices, garlic, pine nuts, goat cheese and parsley on serving plate.
- Using small fork, remove 2 roasted cloves from garlic bulb; spread on baguette slice.
- Top with goat cheese round, pine nuts and parsley.