- 1 cup rolled oat (not instant)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 cup butter , melted and cooled
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the oats and the buttermilk and let stand for one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F and line a muffin tin with 10 paper muffin cups.
- Stir the egg and sugar into the oat mixture, followed by the butter.
- Pile all the remaining ingredients together atop the mixture, then stir them into the batter just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, then bake in the middle of your preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until the muffins are firm and golden brown.