- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (105 - 110 degrees f )
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast with the water and sugar. Add the corn oil and blend.
- Add the flour and salt and mix thoroughly. If using a stand mixer, mix for 4 minutes at medium speed, until the dough is smooth and pliable. If kneading by hand, knead for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Turn the dough out of the bowl and knead by hand for two additional minutes. Add olive oil to a deep bowl.
- Place the dough ball into the bowl and turn it twice to coat it with the oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel. Let the dough rise for two hours.
- Do not punch it down. Spread and push the dough ball across the bottom of the pan. At this stage the dough can be put in the refrigerator and allowed to rise slowly over night. Take the dough out of the refrigerator at least an hour before you are ready to use it.