- 4 large potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions or 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees.
- If you are using young potatoes or potatoes with a clean skin, DO NOT PEEL, just scrub well; otherwise peel potatoes.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise to about 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place in a large bowl; cover with cold water and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and pat slices dry with paper towelling.
- DO NOT RUB POTATOES WITH ANY OILS OR BUTTER.
- Place directly on middle rack in oven and bake for 20 minutes in preheated 450 F oven.
- Turn potatoes over and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove potatoes into a large bowl.
- Drizzle melted butter or margarine over potatoes; gently turn slices to coat.
- Serve with additional melted butter or margarine, a dollop of yogurt or sour cream and a sprinkling of chopped green onions or chives.
- If desired, you may wish to sprinkle sliced potatoes before baking with garlic powder or your choice of a spice.
- The slices will puff up and turn a nice medium-dark brown when baked.