- 1 lemon
- 1 seville oranges
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- Wash the lemon and orange and shred them finely.
- Keep all the seeds from both, and put them in a clean new tea ball, or sew them into a scrap of cheesecloth.
- Put the canning jars in a large kettle with enough water to come to an inch above the rims.
- Turn the heat on just after you add the sugar and carrots to the marmalade- jars must be boiled 10 minutes to be sterilized.
- Put the lemon and orange shreds and juice in a large, broad pot with the water and the seeds, and boil for ten minutes.
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
- Add the carrots and sugar to the peels.
- Continue boiling until the marmalade is thick and forms a sheet when poured from the spoon, about 30 minutes longer.
- Fish out the seeds, draining them well.
- Seal the marmalade in sterilized jars and process in boiling water for 5 minutes.