- 1 loaf challah (or other yeast egg bread)
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries (or frozen, some have even used dried cranberries and you may sub strawberries too!)
- 1/4 cup butter (1/4 cup)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk (or almond, soy, or rice milk)
- Slice challah bread into thick pieces.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, and cranberries together. Cut a pocket into the bread and stuff cream cheese mixture inside.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a skillet.
- Beat eggs and milk together in a large bowl. Dip stuffed bread into egg mixture, coating both sides. Place bread in skillet, cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side, till a nice golden brown.