- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices bread (thick slices)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the butter and honey into a 9 x 13 inch non reactive baking dish. Heat them in the oven until the butter is melted and the honey is bubbling. Take them out of the oven and stir well.
- Whisk together the juice, eggs, spices, and salt in another baking dish. Dip each slice of bread in the juice mixture, turning it once to coat well, and then carefully set the pieces of bread in the honey-buttered pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until well browned. Don't flip the bread over during baking -- flip it over so the honey-butter side is up when you serve it though.