- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 10 big lemons, including pulp but not seeds)
- First make a simple syrup by combining 1 cup sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the mixture boils.
- Lower the heat and allow the syrup to simmer for another minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the blueberries with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- In a pitcher, combine the cooled syrup, lemon juice and blueberry puree.
- To serve, pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of base into a glass and fill with water.
- Makes base for 12 servings.