- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms , rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the mushrooms in a plastic freezer bag and mix to combine.
- Dump the mushrooms into the bag and turn to make sure all of the mushrooms are evenly coated. (If you want it hotter, you can cut the mushrooms in halves or quarters to give you a greater surface area for the spices.).
- Pour the mushrooms (along with the remaining spice mixture) into a pan lined with foil. (I used an 8" loaf pan.).
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until mushrooms start releasing liquid, stirring once or twice.