- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1 ounce mexican chocolate or 1 ounce regular chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray, line bottom of pan with wax paper.
- Coat wax paper with cooking spray, dust with 2 tsp flour; set aside.
- Lightly spoon 1 cup flour into dry measuring cup, level with a knife.
- Sift 1 cup flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) into a bowl.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes).
- Add egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add yogurt, vanilla, and egg, beating until blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sharply tap dish once on counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Place a plate upside down on top of cake; invert cake onto plate.
- Carefully peel off wax paper.
- Combine milk and chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave at high for 30 seconds or until chocolate melts; stir until smooth.
- Cool slightly; drizzle over cake.
- Let glaze set; sprinkle with powdered sugar.