- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (Crunchy or Creamy)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons cocoa
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- EXCEPT for the oats, mix all ingredients in medium size sauce pan.
- Slowly kick up the heat (over four minutes) and bring to rapid boil.
- Immidately remove from heat, and stir in oats.
- Let cool till mixture will hold its shape and not drip from the spoon. Spoon on to wax paper.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes or until they've firmed up. (They never survive that long in my house though.).