- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (preferably tamari)
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ricemalt syrup or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Sesame oil
- Combine apple juice and soy sauce and place in jar with cut up tofu.
- Keep jar on side and rotate often.
- Marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Dissolve 1 T rice malt syrup in small amount of boiling water.
- Add rice malt syrup, fresh ginger slices and marinated tofu to skillet with sesame oil.
- Stir tofu while heating gently.
- Tastes great when mixed with rice and/or vegetables.