- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons allspice berries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, whole
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons ground nutmeg
- Grind or pound together the whole spices, then add the 2 ground spices.
- You could grind them finer in a coffee bean or spice grinder, or in a blender.
- It does not have to be finely ground!
- Store in an airtight bottle.
- This mixture is often used sparingly in puddings, cakes, cookies, and in milk-based or custard-based desserts.
- It adds a delicious flavour to meats.