- 9 cups thinly sliced peeled sweet potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 8 lemon slices
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine peel or 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 1/2 cup fresh tangerine juice or 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Arrange sweet potatoes and lemon slices in a 13 × 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle sugar mixture over potatoes; cover with foil.
- Bake at 400º for 35 minutes.
- Uncover, stir well.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes.