- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups 1/2 inch white bread cubes (from a baguette or white country loaf)
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the garlic, salt, and oil in a small bowl; let stand 20 minutes, then pour through a fine-mesh strainer into a medium bowl.
- Discard the garlic.
- Add the bread cubes to the bowl with the garlic oil and toss to coat.
- Spread the bread cubes in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet to room temperature.