- 10 leaves fresh mint
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar, to taste
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 1/2 ounces light rum
- Sprite or 7-Up soda
- Tear mint leaves in half and put in cocktail shaker.
- Using a pestle or the end of a wooden spoon, mash the leaves until bruised and crushed.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except soda.
- Cover the shaker and shake briskly.
- Pour into a tall glass and top off with Sprite or 7-up.
- Stir once, garnish with a mint sprig and serve.