- 3/4 cup violets (petals only)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Divide the violet petals between 8 individual ramekins.
- Beat together the eggs, yolks, and sugar. Blend in the milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- Divide the custard among the ramekins and place them into a large baking dish.
- Add enough boiling water to the large baking dish to reach half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Place the baking dish with ramekins in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- The custard is done when a knife inserted in the center comes out almost clean.