- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour , less 2 tbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Cream together shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add molasses, vanilla, egg yolk and mix well. Stir in dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Roll out 1/4" thick and cut into 1"x1/2" strips.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Store in airtight container for 1 week or in freezer upto 3 months.