- 1 cup dried pineapple, chunks
- 1 cup dried apricot halves, snipped
- 1 cup dried apple ring, bite-size pieces
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 1 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- Dump everything into a one-gallon ziplock bag.
- Hide it from the kids (bury deeply in the cooler or your suitcase).
- Save it for the return trip.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Plan ahead and put about 1/4 to a 1/2 cup into a snack-size zippered baggie for each child to have in the car.
- LEFTOVERS (hahaha): This is great to add to cold granola cereal or hot oatmeal, too.
- ALTERNATIVES: Any dried fruit that you like, "leftover" holiday candy (hahaha), also nuts and berries. Banana chips & papaya have NOT gone over well with our family.