- 1 cup fiber one cereal
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor).
- In medium bowl, mix cereal and buttermilk; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in oil and egg. Stir in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm.