- 1 lb tomato
- 1/2 onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and dump them into a roasting pan or a baking sheet with sides.
- Chop up half an onion and a few cloves of garlic per pan, or more if you like, and dump that in too.
- Coarsely chop some fresh basil and add that.
- Stir this all together and spread it out evenly; crowded is fine but no more than a single layer.
- Drizzle on some olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes collapse and the skins look browned and wrinkly. Let the pan cool and then scrape everything into a blender or food processor and puree. Use or freeze.