- 2 cups flour (1 3/4 c plus 2 t)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 -2 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- Preheat oven to 400* F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a second bowl, mix together egg(s), milk, and melted butter.
- Pour egg mixture over dry ingredients and stir just enough to dampen flour (should be lumpy, not smooth).
- Spoon into muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400* F for 15 minutes or until golden (adding fruit may increase time).
- Serve warm.