- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into bits
- 6 ounces coarsely-grated cheddar cheese
- 5 jalapenos, seeded and minced (2 inches long, don't forget to wear kitchen gloves!)
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- Make biscuits: Into a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and the salt; add the butter and blend the mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in the cheddar and the chilies; add the sour cream and stir the mixture until it just forms a soft, but not sticky, dough.
- Knead the dough gently for 20 seconds (about 6 turns) on a lightly-floured surface.
- Roll or pat it out ½ inch thick and with a 3 ½ inch cookie cutter, cut out 8 rounds.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet in the middle of a preheated 430F oven for 15-17 minutes, or until they are golden.