- 200 g coffee flavoured chocolate
- 350 g flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 125 g sugar
- 250 g soft butter
- 1 egg
- 65 g ground hazelnuts
- Grate the chocolate finely. Combine with flour, 1 tbs cocoa powder, coffee powder, butter, sugar, egg and hazelnuts. Using the dough hooks work into a smooth dough. Divide into three parts and roll those into coils of approximately 4 cm in diameter. Wrap with cling film and cool for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the fridge and preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut coils into 1cm thick slices and roll these out into long strings (fingerthick or smaller). Form into pretzels and put onto a paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. When cooled, you can dipp them into melted chocolate or decorate them with fine lines of melted chocolate.