- 15 ounces pitted dark cherries in juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kirsch (optional) or 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 2 cups non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Drain the juice of the cherries into a saucepan.
- Whisk in the cornstarch and brown sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Add cherries and stir to coat. Remove from heat and add carefully the brandy or kirsch. Return to heat and cook 1 minute.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 bowls and spoon warm mixture on top.