- 9 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups unsalted cashews, finely ground (11 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with ½ cup of the confectioners’ sugar with hand mixer at medium speed until creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Slowly beat in the flour, roasted cashews and salt until well combined.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts and shape into 1” logs.
- Wrap logs in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least ½ hour.
- Cut 1” pieces off of the refrigerated logs, and roll into balls.
- Place balls about ¾” apart on parchment lined sheets (should be about 3 cookie sheets worth) Bake cookies in oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Fill a shallow bow or pie plate with 2 cups of confectioners’ sugar.
- Immediately roll the hot cookies in the sugar to coat, a few at a time.
- Place on racks to cool.
- Once cookies are cooled, re-roll them again in confectioners’ sugar, so coating looks nice and white and even!
- Cookies can be stored in airtight container for about 1 week, or frozen for up to one month.