- 1 large onion, diced (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Fresh sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F Coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion in butter until golden (if adding mushrooms saute with the onion.).
- In a large bowl, mix sautéed onion with remaining ingredients except paprika and parsley. Pour mixture into baking dish and top with paprika and parsley.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden and heated through.