- 200 g butter (7 1/8 oz)
- 200 g good quality unsweetened dark chocolate (7 1/8 oz)
- 250 g sugar (8 7/8 oz)
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder (adjust to your taste and to the strength of your chili powder)
- Pre-heat your oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter with the chocolate in a small saucepan or in a bowl in the microwave. If melting in the microwave, be sure to do it slowly, blending with a spoon between each pass.
- Transfer the melted chocolate and butter into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, stirring it in with a wooden spoon.
- Let the mixture cool a little.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing well with the spoon after each addition.
- Add a rounded tablespoon of flour and mix well.
- Stir in the chili powder.
- Pour the dough into non-stick or silicone petit four molds, and bake for ten to twelve minutes. The top should look set, but the inside should still be on the soft side.
- Let the the mini bites cool down enough to unmold them, then turn them out on a rack to cool completely while you cook the other batches. Store in a plastic container, refrigerate, and take out about an hour prior to serving the next day.