- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 (4 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (16 -20 ounce) bag caramels
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix cake mix, butter, and half of the evaporated milk together.
- Press one-half to two-thirds of the cake mixture into a greased 9X13 pan.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, unwrap the caramels and melt them over med-low heat with the remaining evaporated milk.
- When the cake is finished, take out of the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- Pour the melted caramel over the chocolate chips.
- Take the remaining cake mix and dot the top of the brownies.
- Bake for an additional 13 minutes.