- 250 g flour
- 150 g butter
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 egg (separated)
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 750 g mixed berries (best use fresh ones, but frozen ones work well, too just drain them properly)
- 150 g sugar (if berries are very sour, you might need more )
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add flour and stir in well. Add butter, egg white and 2 tbs of water. Using the dough hooks of your mixer to knead this first on low level and then on highest level.
- Using your hands knead the dough on a floured working surface until it has become smooth. Wrap in cling film and cool for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C Wash the berries (or drain your thawed berries).
- Take 1/3 of the dough and form it into a long roll. Place the roll in a pie dish and press it against the rim.
- Fill the berries into the pie dish and sprinkle them with sugar.
- Take the rest of the dough and roll it out until you have a round disk of the same diameter as your pie dish. Use a cookie cutter to make a hole in the middel of the disk and then transferr the disk onto the berries. Press against the sides.
- Mix egg yolk with 1 tbs of water and spread the pie crust with it.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes in the oven (turned off).
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.