Pumpkin And Caramel Swirled Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookies, ground
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 9 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons purchased caramel sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely grind crushed cookies, pecans and sugar in processor.
- Add melted butter and blend until combined.
- Press crust mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides.
- Filling: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until light.
- Transfer 3/4 cup mixture to small bowl; cover tightly and refrigerate to use for topping.
- Add pumpkin, 4 tablespoons whipping cream, ground cinnamon and ground allspice to mixture in large bowl and beat until well combined.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until combined.
- Pour filling into crust (filling will almost fill pan).
- Bake until cheesecake puffs, top browns and center moves only slightly when pan is shaken, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Transfer cheesecake to rack and cool 10 minutes.
- Run small sharp knife around cake pan sides to loosen cheesecake.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Bring remaining 3/4 cup cream cheese mixture to room temperature.
- Add remaining 5 tablespoons whipping cream to cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Press down firmly on edges of cheesecake to even thickness.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over cheesecake, spreading evenly.
- Spoon caramel sauce in lines over cream cheese mixture.
- Using tip of knife, swirl caramel sauce into cream cheese mixture.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Release pan sides from cheesecake.
- Spoon sour cream into pastry bag fitted with small star tip (do not stir before using).
- Pipe decorative border around cheesecake and serve.
- *OR,you can omit the sour cream border and just cut gingersnap cookies in half and use as a decorative border.
Rate This Recipe
What do you think of this recipe?