- 1 pizza dough, divided in half
- 1/2 lb butter (or half olive oil)
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 450.
- Combine butter, garlic, parsley and cheese.
- Stretch and shape dough into an 8" by 12" rectangle.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut dough into 1/2 " strips (any size will do).
- Using a plate or shallow dish, coat each strip with a generous spoonful of the garlic butter mixture, making sure to get a generous amount of the garlic and cheese - then tie the strip into a knot.
- Place the knots into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Cover with plastic, allow to proof one hour.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 450 until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove and brush with remaining butter or olive oil.
- Sprinkle with more cheese if desired.