- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet miniature chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour gradually and beat well.
- Stir in 1 cup morsels.
- Press on bottom of ungreased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Immediately sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes or so until the chips become shiny; then spread evenly over top.
- Cool completely in the pan and then cut into squares.