- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup dehydrated masa corn flour (see note above)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed
- In a bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk, and butter to blend. In another bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, masa, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture just until evenly moistened. Gently stir in berries. Spread level in a buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Bake in a 375°F oven until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, then cut into 9 squares.