- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups saltine crackers, crushed (divided)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted (I use less)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook eggplant in small amount of water until tender.
- Drain and mash.
- Combine all ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup each of the cheese and crackers and a small amount of the margarine.
- Pour into a 9x13 greased baking dish.
- Top with the reserved cheese, crackers and small amount of melted margarine.
- Bake at 325° to 350° for 25 to 30 minutes.