- 1 1/4 cups flour, divided
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 10 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, confectioners’ sugar and butter; blend well.
- Press mixture into bottom of 9-inch x 9-inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Drain raspberries (reserve liquid for sauce). Spoon berries over cooled crust; sprinkle with walnuts.
- Beat eggs with sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Add salt, 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, and vanilla; blend well. Pour over walnuts.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into squares. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream and sauce.
- TO MAKE SAUCE:.
- Combine reserved berry juice with 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch, in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and clear. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice.