- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen tiny peas or 3 lbs fresh peas, shelled (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 onion and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add curry and stir 30 seconds.
- Add 4 cups broth and peas and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer until peas are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Puree in blender in batches.
- Thin with more broth if desired.
- Mix yogurt, cilantro and red onion in small bowl.
- Cover; chill up to 2 hours.
- Rewarm soup, stirring often.
- Serve with dollop of yogurt mixture.