- 1 lb ziti pasta (uncooked)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh broccoli florets
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce (i love a newman's own basil & tomato)
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese , diced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- Cook pasta in a large pot of water as package directs; adding broccoli 4 minutes before pasta is done.
- Mix pasta sauce and the ricotta in a large saucepan; cooking over medium-low heat until hot.
- Drain pasta and broccoli; return to pot.
- Add sauce mixture; toss to mix and coat.
- IMMEDIATELY add mozzarella and about half the parsley and Parmesan; stir until mozzarella melts.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining parsley and Parmesan.