- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 2 teaspoons grated tangerines or 2 teaspoons orange rind
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- Bring sugar and wine to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, and return to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, 10 to 15 minutes or until cranberry skins pop.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick.
- Cool slightly; serve warm, or chill 2 hours, if desired.