- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and grated coarsely
- 1 tablespoon unbleached white flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten (or equivalent egg substitute)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Lightly spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; turn on the heat.
- Drop potato mixture by 1/4 cup measures into the skillet, flattening the pancakes with a spoon, if necessary.
- Fry until lightly browned on one side,about 3 minutes.
- Turn over and fry on the other side another 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.