- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk (I usually use soy milk)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat the eggs in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the milk, flour, butter and salt.
- Pour into a popover pan, or a lightly greased muffin tin (which will work fine, although the popovers won't rise as high), filling halfway.
- Put into a COLD oven, and set it to 450 degrees.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, then turn the heat down to 350 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes. If you have opened the oven at any point, bake for 16 or 17 minutes. The popovers should be golden on top.
- Take them out and prick the tops with a knife to release excess steam.
- Slice open and eat with butter and/or jam.