[RECIPE] Crispy Fried Enoki 🔥🍄
Sharing with you a simple fried enoki batter recipe! 😋
Yields 4 servings
- 3 packets fresh enoki (about 300g)
- 100g all purpose flour
- 100g corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 200g cold water
1. Trim the lower 1/2 portion off the base of enoki mushroom and tear each of them into 6-7 smaller stalks. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk all dried ingredients together and pour in cold water. Stir until a thick batter is formed.
3. Heat up 2 cups of oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add a few drops of batter to check if it is hot enough. Once the batter is bubbling, we can start frying.
4. One by one, dip a stalk enoki into the batter and immediately transfer to the pot to fry until it turns light yellow (it should look pale instead of golden brown as it may become bitter if fried for too long). Drain and set aside in a plate, lined with kitchen towel to absorb excessive oil.
5. Work in a few batches until all the enoki is used up. Serve immediately!
Serve this as a snack or side dish to porridge. Oh boy, I soaked them in my steamy porridge they are so tasty! Also, fried enoki tastes so much like fried anchovies OMG! So crunchy and so much unami flavour I cannot believe! 🤤😱