Looking for a quick high protein dish recipe? Try this tempeh kunyit! 🧄🧅🌶
Veganised one of my favourite Malay dish - ayam kunyit! Tempeh is a good source of plant based protein. I love to use it as meat substitution instead of mock meat. But this recipe is very flexible so feel free to substitute tempeh with any plant-based ingredients you prefer, such as tofu, mock meat or even mushrooms.
🥬Ingredients (makes 2-3 servings)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1tsp turmeric powder (I used @organicule)
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pc 170g tempeh, cubed
- oil for cooking
- 2 shallots, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic, crushed
- 1 big red onion, sliced
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1-2 pcs red chili, sliced
1. In a large bowl, combine all marinate ingredients then add tempeh. Toss the tempeh cubes very well to coat them with the sauce evenly. Set aside.
2. In a frying pan, heat up some oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until light browned and fragrant.
3. Add shallots and saute until fragrant.
4. Place the tempeh cubes on a single layer to sear. Flip from time to time to sear all sides until nicely browned.
5. Add onion, chilli and sugar then toss until the onions are slightly softened (still crunchy).
6. Turn off the heat and serve immediately! But you can keep this in an airtight container and store in refrigerator up to 2 days. I made this and it last me for 2 lunchbox 🍱